During 2016 and 2017, I had been learning more about managing teams and projects and received my Project Management Certification through Stanford University. Having been a Software Developer for the last few years, I put myself forward to learn more about managing teams and projects in my spare-time but also took note from product managers I had worked with in the past. In mid-2017, I was able to pull a product management gig at PayOnDelivery.
PayOnDelivery is a payment platform allowing buyers and sellers to safely transact in local online marketplaces such as Facebook Groups, Craigslist, 5Miles and more.
Like I said, I am currently a Product Manager at PayOnDelivery. Here are some of the things that I do in my day to day:
- Scope new product features for development in both web and mobile platforms
- Draw wireframes and also design the front-end of the application (UX/UI)
- Manage the growth marketing framework I implemented for the company
- Update and create help articles for newly released product features
- Talk to customers to get feedback on new features, the current application and future plans
- Work alongside the CTO and development team to update development timelines
- Manage the development schedule
- Code front-end components in React (when needed - I try to let development actually handle development)
- Work alongisde CEO to build out the vision